Piercing Through the Clouds: Examining Emerging Opportunities in Cloud Computing
MIT Enterprise Forum Northwest
With special guests from Amazon, Google, Madrona, Microsoft, and Real Networks
September 22, 2010
5:00pm - 8:00pm
Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI)
2700 24th Ave E
Seattle, WA 98112
Cloud computing represents a tectonic shift of the role IT plays in business decision making. However, like any disruptive technology changes in the past, cloud computing brings as many opportunities as uncertainties. Who are the players? Which ones have taken the leap, and what have they learned so far? What are the latest cloud computing trends and pitfalls?
Join us on September 22, 2010 as MITEF NW kicks off the season with its first Enterprise Forum event – Piercing Through the Clouds: Examining Emerging Opportunities in Cloud Computing. Our dynamic panel of industry experts, senior executives, and entrepreneurial heavyweights will share their experiences, perspectives and outlooks on this hot technology topic, including:
- Cloud computing – Hype or here to stay?
- The Use Cases: What Is Proven, What Is New?
- The bottom line – Who is making money on the cloud?
- Getting burned – Perils and pitfalls of being a cloud pioneer.
What questions would you like to ask the panelists? Please tell us here.
Moderator: Mark Anderson, CEO, Strategic News Service
Presenting company: Real Networks, Inc.
- Chee Chew – Director of Engineering, Google, Inc.
- Peter Cohen – Director, Corporate Development, Amazon Web Services
- Prashant Ketkar – Director of Product Marketing, Windows Azure, Microsoft Corporation
- Tim Porter – Partner, Madrona Venture Group
- Hank Skorny – Architect, Real Networks, Inc.
5:00 - 6:30 pm – Networking / cash bar / hors d’oeuvres
6:30 - 8:00 pm – Panel discussion
8:00 - 8:30 pm – Q&A
Who should attend?
Entrepreneurs, investors, business people, professionals, executives and students
Click Here To Register
Students only – $30
Early registration – $40
Late registration – $60
Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI). Click here for directions. Complimentary parking is available outside the venue.